Saturday, April 19, 2008

I won a poetry contest and they published it in this book!


The name of my poem was : The Dolphin here is how it goes...
I am a dolphin.
You see me in clear blue water,
on the beach
You can feel my soft grey skin.
I like to sing and jump,
in the warm golden sun.
But if I smell oil in my home,
I will swim away.
I am afraid when
you bring big nets and
try to trap me.
But I still like to race
little boats and have
fun in the ocean waves.
I love being a dolphin.

My mom and dad bought the book for me so I will remember it forever.Thanks mom and dad!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ju said...

Hey, that is so awesome Leavi!! And how great that is it was published! You are famous! :o)

The McPherson's said...

Congratulations! I just read your poem to our whole family. You are so talented!